In these difficult times it's tricky to make time for connection with your loved one and if you have time it's difficult to know what to do! Here are some ideas to make time with your significant other, to relax and to have a little fun.
Why charcuterie on date night?
Setting out a charcuterie board is simple and it's all about you. Talk with your significant other and find out his/her favorite cheeses, fruit, crackers, and/or cured meats. There is no right or wrong way to set up your board so do what you like.
The other benefit is NO DISHES - hurray! When you're done with your board wipe it down and put it away. Enjoy your evening with out any fuss.
Activities for Date Night
Looking for something that will make you and your significant other put phones away and engage? Here are some ideas:
- Download and watch a mutual favorite movie
- Pot plants/arrange flowers
- Do a paint by number together
- Play a video game
- Sing Karaoke (many smart TV's have a karaoke app so do phones and tablets)
- Have a dance party
- Have a picnic in the living room
- Go sledding
- Go skating
- Go for a walk
- Go for a bike ride
- Take an online course together
- Plan an imaginary vacation together
Talking points for Date Night
Sometimes it's hard to get the conversation flowing. Here are some conversation starters for you:
- If you could make money doing anything in the world, what would you do?
- What are five things you couldn't live without?
- What's one article of clothing you could never part with?
- Who's someone in your life that you really look up to?
- What's one of your most cherished memories?
- Do you like your life right now? If not, what's keeping you from changing it?
- What people have made you who you are today?
- What experiences have made you who you are today?
- What do you think is your best quality?
- What do you think is my best quality?
- What quality do you want to nurture more of in yourself?
- What's one dish or meal that reminds you of home?
- What makes you anxious?
- What does happiness mean to you?
- If you no longer had to work to live comfortably, what would you be doing with your life?
- What's one thing in your life that you're struggling with right now?
- What's one thing in your life that you're grateful for?
- What initially made you interested in me?
- How did you know you were in love with me?
- Is there anything about our relationship that feels totally unique to us?
- What's your love language?
- What's a song that reminds you of our relationship?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Do you believe in soul mates?
- What's your most precious memory of me?
- What do you love most about our daily life together?
- What kinds of things will we be doing 10 years from now? Twenty years from now? In retirement?
- What would we do in retirement together?